Support in selection of IT solution
The selection of a new IT solution and its vendor is a key project to many organisations. Determining and describing the business solutions for its systems, identifying the solutions available on the market, drafting the specification and executing the procedure of selection of the best solution and its vendor require participation of the resources whose availability in the organisation is often very limited.
We offer our support in the process of selection of the optimal IT solution:
- a systematic and methodical approach to identifying, defining, analysing and prioritising business requirements,
- preparing specifications for suppliers and the RFP,
- shortlisting the potential bidders,
- managing current contracts with bidders and preparing replies to their RFIs,
- preparing and conducting a transparent end-to-end selection process, including the evaluation of the solutions proposed based on the agreed criteria,
- drafting a contract which shall secure all aspects of the Ordering Party’s interest,
- devising a negotiation strategy and negotiating with one or more bidders concurrently,
- preparing a recommendation for the Board of Directors, which shall include a presentation of the reasons for the recommended choice and documentation of the entire process.
Thanks to Carrywater’s support, the process of selection of the solution and its vendor is carried out in an effective and transparent manner. The organisation chooses the IT solution that is best in functional terms and optimal from the cost perspective.
Depending on the scope agreed, our involvement usually produces the following deliverables:
- Request for proposal (RFP, RFI, Specification of Essential Terms of a Contract)
- Replying to bidders’ queries
- Evaluating the proposals and shortlisting the bidders
- Negotiation strategy
- Choice recommendation